In 1947, thanks to the family's increasing business skills, the firm took a major step forward with the creation of its first manufacturing plant. These were the post-war reconstruction years and the firm expanded the range of products to include men's shoes, while at the same time enlarging the commercial base, leading to the construction of the current facility in 1969, featuring all the latest manufacturing technology.
With the increasing confidence gained due to worldwide recognition of the characteristic comfort and high quality of MAGLI footwear, the firm felt the time was right to start opening its own boutiques in various Italian cities. These elegant shops blend harmoniously with the particular urban contexts of the various historic urban centers in which they are located, while all sharing one outstanding common denominator: modern, functional interiors, congenial as a living room, staffed by courteous, highly professional salespeople.
During the Eighties the Magli company began experimenting with the concept of franchising which has since developed into a very successful enterprise. The franchise operation now consists of over forty stores located throughout the world, in such far-flung places as America, Australia, China, Eastern Europe and most of Europe.
Every single pair of Bruno Magli shoes is the product of a collaborative effort from start to finish. The process begins with the design team and a sketchpad, and ends with beautifully handcrafted shoes with each style original, trademarked and patented. The impeccable quality and cutting-edge design is why Bruno Magli shoes are featured as part of the permanent collection at the Modern Museum of Art in New York.